The Zhong framework: Features in detail
The following document lists the Zhòng framework features. For each feature there is also a 'Try it' tip that explains how to test the features using our website.
- The feature is available in the free editions
- The feature is available only in the premium/basic editions (visit our gallery to discover more)
The accessibility panel helps users customize the website layout.
Click the "accessibility panel" button in the top bar.
High Contrast Layout
This layout is suitable for people with low vision.
- The layout is "horizontal": all sections and columns are full width. This helps users zoom the text and set big fonts to read the content clearly.
- In this layout the highest contrast between background and text color is set. Furthermore, all text links are highlighted and no graphic effects are added.
- Each section has a descriptive heading so that users can better understand the structure of the page.
Open the accessibility panel and switch to "High Contrast".
These options are included in the accessibility panel and allow to:
- Lower the contrast of white backgrounds
- Remove the underline effect on links, remove all-caps and italic effects
- Change font-family
- Highlight hovered and focused elements
Open the accessibility panel and change the legibility options.
Layout Width switcher
- Liquid layout width: the website layout adapts to the window width but it is bounded to a maximum size.
- Full layout width: the website layout always adapts to the window width.
Open the accessibility panel and change the layout width.
Font Resize Tool
This tool increases or decreases the font size.
Open the accessibility panel and use the font resize tool.
This layout is optimized for small screens.
Access this website with your mobile phone.
The accessibility slideshow is a separate Joomla module that can be installed in your website; it is fully compatible with Zhong.
Visit our gallery and click on the demo page of any of our templates.
- Fully compatible with the Zhong Framework
- Fully accessible by screen readers
- 20 slide positions available
- Responsive images
- Navigation dots and arrows available
Our templates have been translated into: English, Italian, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, traditional Chinese, simplified Chinese, Slovenian, Farsi, Malay, Arabic, Turkish, Swedish, Swahili, Norwegian, Russian, Dutch, Polish, Greek, Croatian, Hebrew, Slovak, Hungarian, Afrikaans, Thai, Hindi, Czech.
ATTENTION: only the front-end is translated, the back-end (template administration panel) is english only.
Do you want to help us translating our templates? There is a discount for you! Contact us for more info.
Our templates are developed to be compatible with all major browsers, tablets and phone devices.
They are tested using the following browsers:
Compatibility with Internet Explorer starts from version 8, IE7 is partially supported.
Mobile testing using:
Tested using JAWS, NVDA, Window Eyes, Voiceover screenreaders.
Advanced style customization
You can easily customize the style and colors of the template.
Note that in the free edition only the basic style customization is available.
A step by step guide for the installation and configuration of our templates is provided. The guide will help you:
- Install our templates
- Add important menus and modules
- Configure our templates
- Add custom modules
The guide has detailed screenshots.
You can read our installation guide here: installation guide, EN
40 Custom Module Positions Available
You can load your custom modules in 40 different positions. To see the layout structure, visit the Demo page of each template.
Quick access menu
The quick access menu is very useful for screen readers and keyboard only navigation for jumping to the most important sections of the page.
Use "Tab" and "Shift+Tab" to navigate the page, the menu is initially hidden.
At the beginning of each section of content a descriptive heading is provided. These headings are useful to users using a screenreader for better navigating the page.
Switch to "High contrast" layout: for each content section a meaningful heading is visible
Social media options
Easily include share buttons and social media links into your website.
The template validates to the HTML5 standard. The structure of the page is semantically correct.
ARIA Landmarks and Roles Implemented
The ARIA landmarks and roles help increase the semantic of the page structure. They are also very useful to screen readers.
The WAI-ARIA specification is implemented into the template. It specifies how to increase the accessibility of dynamic content in web pages.
Keyboard only navigation
All page functionalities are available via keyboard.
Try to use the keyboard instead of the mouse. For the majority of browsers hit "Tab" for moving forward and "Shift-Tab" for moving backwards.